Monday, August 23, 2010

8-23-10

Hi! Did you miss us? I know you did. We went to Georgia last week to visit Nana, Papa and Kyle, Momo and Grandpoppy, and as much of our family as possible. I didn't snap a whole lot of pictures (it was a busy week!), but here are a few to hold you over until I get the pictures that other people took.

Shh! I'm sleeping!
I don't remember where we had just gotten back from, but this really tickled me.

Robert and Grandpoppy
On Sunday, we went to go visit Momo and Grandpoppy (my grandparents). They threw a big party so that everyone could meet Robert. My aunts and uncles and cousins all came to see him. It was great fun, and made me realize just how much I really miss being close to family.



Robert and Momo

We spent the night there Sunday night, and on Monday, we went shopping with Momo and Nana. JCPenney's was having a sale on their baby clothes, so Robert got one of everything! You can't beat $1.50 per item, can you?

On Tuesday, we went to the hospital so that Nana could show off her grandbaby. Robert was charming everyone he met with his big blue eyes. Then we went to lunch at La Parilla with Papa, and then we went to upgrade our cell phones. The one I had was 5 or 6 years old, so it was time. I ended up getting an iPhone, and spent a good chunk of time after we got home taking pictures.
I have about 20 versions of this picture. He's so darn cute in his little hats.










Yeah, I'm upside down, so?





I really wanted to post this picture in the correct orientation, but for whatever reason, my photo editing software is refusing to rotate only this particular picture. So here it is anyway, upside down Robert!







Me and my Auntie Jill
On Wednesday, we went up to Clayton State to see Auntie Jill and Miss Tammy. Miss Tammy took lots of pictures, and they're all absolutely awesome. She has a really good eye, and I really love the photo manipulation she does. (Thank you so so much Tammy! If you live near Atlanta (and even if you don't!), I would definitely recommend her, here's her website: T. Wilson Photography)

Look how pretty my eyes are!
 Then Robert stayed with Nana and Papa while I went with Jill to go see Inception. I thought it was a really good movie.


On Thursday, Momo and Grandpoppy came to visit again, and we went to lunch at Picadilly's. I haven't been there in FOREVER, and it seemed like old times, when it used to be in Southlake Mall, and we would go there to eat. Then we went out to dinner with some old friends of mine. When I say old, I mean that I haven't seen Lisa and Keri in about 20 years. I don't really feel like I should be old enough to not have seen someone in that long, but apparently, I am. Robert spent his time flirting with Lisa's daughter Evelyn while their mommies caught up on the last couple of decades.
From left to right: Evelyn, Lisa, Me, Robert, Kloe, Keri




Robert and Uncle Kyle
Friday we just hung out at Nana and Papa's house. But for dinner, we met uncle Kyle at Carrabba's. I've had several people tell me that Robert looks just like Kyle, but I've never been good at deciding who my baby looks like, but here's a picture, what do you think?



Robert and Papa
Before we knew it, Saturday had come and it was time for us to go home. Nana and Papa treated us to lunch at Chili's, and Papa had a good ole' time making Robert dance on the table. I must say, Robert had a good ole' time doing it!








Then it was off to the airport to fly home. Our plane was delayed by half an hour, but it wasn't so bad. Robert slept the first half of the flight and then woke up and started crying, so we spent the last half of the flight swaying and bouncing in the aisle. Luckily, Robert fell asleep again right before we began the descent, so he slept through the ear popping. We found Daddy by the baggage claim, and we were both so happy to see him!
Is that really you?


1 comment: